8.06.2007

you get what you pay for

Good gracious. Of all the Got Milk? ripoffs out there, this one must be killing the Milk Council.

This could never be me ... and what does she mean, IF she had to pay bills? What universe does this girl live in, and is there room for one more? A side: I usually do something drastic to my hair once a year (cut it all off, dye it redder than red, etc.). I go to a high-quality spa/salon to get it done because 1) it takes a long, long time for a cheap haircut to grow out to just okay, and 2) I only go once a year. This year I decided it was time to economize, so I bravely sat in a Supercuts chair yesterday afternoon and asked for the $16 special. Get out a ruler and mark off three inches, which is what was taken from me. Then slide your eyeball down to the half-inch mark, which is what I asked for. Then picture a face with eyebrows, and bangs that go below them, which is what I asked for. Then picture those eyebrows with bangs skimming the tops like a third-grader whose mom did it at home, which is what I got. But I guess it's okay. My mom didn't notice. My dad didn't notice. My boyfriend didn't notice. And hopefully none of them will notice or comment when I revert to spending a hundred dollars to get this mess fixed ...

4 comments:

Dan said...

Got Original Idea?
Yeah. It must totally suck to live in that universe. Where she thinks that "low maintenance" is doing her own nails/eyebrows. It's like the rationalization of spending $200 to fix a $16 haircut instead of getting the $200 haircut in the first place.
Sadly, in this economical day, there are somethings that you don't want "discount" on like haircuts and shoes, etc.

And I haven't seen a picture of this alleged haircut, but I'm certain it makes you look like a nerd.

Anonymous said...

Based on her past "Speaks," at least she's consistent -- all the depth of a wading pool.

Giving your man the benefit of the doubt, sometimes we recognize the bad haircut and keep silent out of fear.

damned_cat said...

hey now, it's a ONE hundred dollar correction. $200, that's just insanity.

brian, i unearthed an earlier "speaks" by the same girl, who was, at the time, being cut off by "bank of dad" ... guess she didn't fall too far since then.

and kudos to all men who know how to keep silent for the sake of a woman as well as their own safety.

;)

Dan said...

Speaking of "Got Milk?" rip offs, I saw one for the Army, specifically risk assessment. "Got Risk?"
Which I don't think that it's a good motto for risk assessment.