3.07.2010

2010 Straub/Kapiolani Women's 10K

March 7, 2010

Distance: 6.2 mi
Timing chip: 1:06:10
Overall place: 491/1798
Division place: 74/232
Pace: 10:40 mi

Ran 100%. First mile tough (as always), fourth and fifth miles easiest. Still don't have the right shoes, but no major problems. Gave myself 70 minutes based loosely on my GAR pace. Really raced for first time ever. Like, with other people - not just myself. Cub and kid met me at the last half-mile and we ran in together, him coaching me every step of the way - except for the 50 or so yards I sprinted ahead of him after stepping in a chunky, kaleidoscopic puddle ("I can't talk right now," I screamed. "I STEPPED IN BARF! AAAAAAUUUUUGGGGGHHHH!") Afterwards, ate a chicken soft taco and took two hefty naps. Can't seem to stop wandering around the kitchen seeking sugary snacks. Stopped eating but not before consuming Pepsi (first blessed sips in a long, long time), caramel apple dippers, and three spoonfuls of spumoni. Eeee.

This was a last-minute entry, so now back to prepping for previously scheduled races. Marathon clinic starts next Sunday. Crossing fingers!

2 comments:

plainshorts said...

Hahahahaha is that what you did and never came back???haha don't worry Jo the kistchem green is finished! And looks great says matthew face and the bathroom is started :)

Dan said...

you're gonna need to go to a clinic after doing a marathon. kidding. good job. i'm getting winded just thinking about you running, so i'm not gonna do that anymore.

also. get good shoes!