5.05.2009

RIP-ing my hair out

Tomorrow's the third and final day of RIP (Research Investigation Process) training, and 3:00 p.m. can't come fast enough. (I'm saying that about a whole lotta things, lately, aren't I.) Chocolatey drinks, frequent bathroom breaks, pita chips and funny texts from S are my saving graces. I'm a big fan of the scientific method, and really can't wait to design a RIP with John Locke's State of Nature at its core (although sadly, I can't take credit for the idea*.) However, seven-hour days in which we hit the ground running and don't stop until we've been run into the ground ... I was over it by lunchtime today. Just one more session and we will be certified (or whatever) and ready to RIP it up in our classrooms.

Our cohort's in charge of snacks tomorrow, and K has promised that masaladas with butter are not disgusting, as they sound, but rather heaven on earth.

I dang near fell asleep today while we were logging data on radial vs. carotid pulse rates. In my near-dreaming state I imagined coming straight home and jumping on the Wii, which by the way is my latest and greatest obsession. I am the household Queen of Table Tilt and Soccer Heading, and I will soon claim that penguin-and-fishy game as well. Actually, I hold the top 3 positions for every game we've unlocked so far (except Hula Hoop - I'm willing to look stupid in the name of pseudo-athletic superiority, but not that stupid) but am still getting the hang of the iceberg.

'Kay, gotta go pack a lunch for tomorrow. If there really are to be malasadas with butter on the snack table, perhaps I should make lunch vegetarian fare ...

*BUT ... I was really excited when a H.E.S. teacher that I shared my taxation/representation lesson with a few years ago said that she still does it and that her kids get very passionate about it. It is an awesome lesson and I'm so happy it has found a home in yet another civics classroom :)

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I love the iceberg game! I have to admit that I also really like the hula hoop, but I do try not to look over toward the mirror when I give it a go. Enjoy!