12.15.2008

guud merning

My Confirmation teacher, Onofre Bolosan, used to open class every morning with the query: "What's the good news?" Grumpy 15- and 16-year-olds at the time, we usually had to think long and hard in order to share something that qualified as good news. But over time, I got used to the Sunday morning routine and looked forward to the forced oppression of negativity for that precious hour. Years later, I'd run into Onofre after church or around town, at Longs maybe, and he'd still ask: "What's the good news?"

Thanks for that, Onofre.

My morning, in pictures:

I understand hypoglycemia and the need for a sugar boost. I do not understand why they can't rinse their containers before leaving them on the sink to trap unwanted guests who in search of their own sugar boost.

See how eager I am to open my morning mail?


... a special missive, which would be cute if I couldn't see right through it.

Tell you later what the good news is. Happy Monday!

4 comments:

Dan said...

what's the good news?

i knew a guy that used to say that. it wasn't funny then and now i just come up with silly answers.

damned_cat said...

the good news is: it's almost friday. that's almost always good news, but after this particular friday, three glorious weeks of vacation await me. threeeeeeeee weeeeeeeks.

Dan said...

three weeks, filled with what? running? swimming? hiking? wedding planning?

Unknown said...

I'm Onofre's niece. I live in WA and am worried that people haven't heard the news of his passing. The services will be at St. Pius X in Manoa on Dec. 29 & 30. He was only 68 years old. I know he taught CCD and coached track for years at SLH. Please spread the word to whomever you can think of that might want to say goodbye. As it is, I think it will be packed, but I don't want people to miss their opportunity to say goodbye one last time.