5.29.2008

mea culpa

I used my iBook for the first time all year (aside from storing photos and writing a fragment of a story a few months ago) to make a photo slideshow for the kids' graduation ceremony. Because I refuse to use iMovie (too complicated ... those little strings get all crossed and tangled and I get these pixelated gray boxes where people's faces should be - ay me) I have to put in just the right quantity of photos, the slideshow must start when I press play (it does not always - sometimes it takes its sweet time thinking things over), and when I press play, the CD player button-presser must also press play. See, GLO #6 calls for people to be ethical and effective [not efficient] users of technology, and that's what I am. Well, maybe half-nix the ethical part because yesterday at a faculty meeting I asked someone to make us a CD with some tracks "that you can just pull from Limewire." It has such a wholesome name (like PiperLime!!) - how was I supposed to know it was illegal file sharing?

So, ^there's^ my desktop. See my four computers? Sometimes when I start typing at any given one of them (or on either of the two at home), I go as far as a full sentence before I realize my entire keyboarding position is all off. Junk on my desk, L-R: eSIS computer (black PC), outfitted with the Constitution mousepad I got in D.C. last summer; Old Reliable (tan PC with the clicky-spring keyboard I like best); leaning on Old Reliable are some Pet Power Hawaii dog treats my realtor dropped off today (his girlfriend quit her office-y job to pursue an entrepreneurial passion), and a note Tami sent over that I completely forgot to answer. Farthest right is an eMac that sees the light of day even less often than the iBook (remember when the G4 was the sh*t of sh*ts?)

The year's winding down ... on the one hand, not fast enough, and on the other - WHOA NELLY. Where does the time go? (Maybe I blogged it all away.)

2 comments:

Dan said...

golly. that looks all confusing.

damned_cat said...

it IS. i can't wait to pack it all up and go on vacation.