9.01.2007

excuse me but is this your hemoglobin?

Cut my finger open with the tearing edge of a packing tape dispenser this morning. It is, shall we say, a challenge to pack up a present, tape up the box, and address the box with an inkless ball-point pen, all with a bleeding thumb and nothing but your good jeans to mop it up with. Got blood on myself, the box, and several otherwise usable strips of packing tape; was next in line so hurriedly stuck the bloody tape to the counter and ripped off a new piece to finish my package. "NEXT IN LINE!" - hey, that's me! Proceed to forget bloody tape hanging from counter. Forget until driving out of parking lot. Dilemma: Do I go back to retrieve my DNA? Will be looked upon with much disgust either way ... decide it is more important to pick up my friend and not be late for out meeting. Yeah, don't comment on this post.

It's the weekend, I finally mailed my friend's birthday present, there's a good chance I'll be cat-less by tonight, and it's the first football game of the season. Oh, and I'm blogging in bed - what more could a girl ask for? Maybe a fresh band-aid. Yeah, that'd be good.

2 comments:

Dan said...

maybe you'll get lucky next time and there'll be a warning on tape dispensers. see? it's accidents like this that spur crazy warning signs; like paper shredders, no staples, hands or ties. that takes a lot of the fun out of shredding paper.

damned_cat said...

"coffee is hot!"

"cutting edges are sharp!"

"staples are pointy!"

hehe.