12.18.2010

Marathon Ambition Mahalos

My Mom and Dad - my biggest fans - always ready with love, support, sage advice, and home cooking. I love you and I thank you!

Martvelous Matthew Wong - for not letting me take anything too seriously, for being a fitness inspiration, and for being the best brother anyone could ask for.

The Honolulu Marathon Clinic - for letting us be a part of this wonderful family, for the superb Sunday talks and runs, for delicious mango bread, and for showing us what lies beyond our comfort zone.

Norman Uyeda - for the blinking hat beacon (thank you, Tony, Sandra and Thaddeus Padua for this as well!), excellent pacing, supporting the clinic and the runners, and for your kind words.

Faculty and Staff of Ali'iolani Elementary
- Everyone - for your friendship and support, and for all the encouragement. Dianne - for the wonderful poster that evoked a more emotional reaction than when I picked up my finisher shirt! Annie Y. - for the heartfelt card, the symbolic heart, and the philosophical talks. Kristi - for texting me during the 23rd mile and putting life back into perspective. Heather - for the prayers! Sally and Wayne - for relating!

My fifth-grade students
- for being genuinely surprised when you heard that I didn't come in first, second or third. :)

Brian Clarke
- for philosophical wisdom, practical advice, and a generous spirit.

Victoria Shioi - for making me feel as if I've made a difference.

My uncles, aunties and cousins - for reading and clipping my articles and for all the encouragement!

Yee Ohana - for the laughs and for all the support!

Diane, Amanda and Geoffrey - for holding my "emergency care package" and for the photo!

Renee Yee, my mother-in-law - for holding my other care package and for waiting in the hot sun for me to finally reach the blue flags!

Nadine Kam - for picking up my column in the first place.

Christie Wilson - for being a patient editor.

Catholic Engaged Encounter, Wong Kong Har Tong, Associated Chinese University Women - for your thoughts and prayers, unending support and encouragement!

Lisa - for cheering me on from afar and for being my best friend.

Bon - for inspiring me to give everything I do my very best effort.

Scott - for being my running partner in body and spirit, and my partner in life forever. For being my fan, my critic, my support vehicle, and my chief inspiration. For being such a big part of the reason I wanted to do this. For meeting me at the finish line with love and neon signs. For absolutely everything. I love you!

Thank you everyone!

No comments: