4.27.2010

a cat by any other name

I've decided to shed my webmoniker, damned_cat, because even though it has served me and described me well for many years, it's time for a change.

For one thing, while I feel more feline than ever, I don't feel, well, damned. I didn't choose the screen ID because I ever did, but I'm growing old and slightly prudish, and I'd like an ID that is a little less ... anathematic. Not long ago on Twitter a friend's kid asked if she could call me "danged_cat" because she wasn't allowed to say "damn." Cute. But when you think about it, for much of my workday, I'm not allowed to say "damn" either. Not that my work self and online self need to be completely synced (GOOD GOLLY, can you imagine?) ... it's just time for a change.

New web address coming soon. Will probably just use "change blog*spot address" function, so when I choose the new ID, this blog will just be gone. Check my Twitter for the new URL. All other blogs (Candied_Cat, etc.) will remain where they are.

Thanks in advance!

P.S. That's one of my fav B&W photos. A lucky snap (w/a borrowed Canon 30D) of Jerry Lee Callan-Toner, the original "damned cat."