11.19.2009

New email address all set up. Instead of a childhood nickname containing three consecutive e's (which reminded me of Kim Zmeskal's three consecutive whipbacks, but gave others quite a headache), my address now pays homage to one of my favorite literary heroes.

However, Google won't allow Gmail users to import contacts/mail from another Gmail account. Thanksssss. The last time I switched email addresses (from AOL to Gmail) the business of manually letting everyone know took YEARS. People don't want to dig old addresses out of their address books, cell phones, etc., and change them, and I can't say I blame them. But having to log into AOL mail once a month three years ex post facto, to harvest random newsletters and community service notifications (club stuff, I haven't been arrested for anything thanks)? Argh.

No comments: