10.15.2009

pet rules/pets rule, noisy, inconsiderate neighbors drool*

Yesterday I walked by the bulletin board downstairs where they usually post announcements, ads, notifications of totally inconvenient water shut-offs, etc. and noticed that a fresh copy of the Condo Rules had been posted sometime in my weeklong absence. I skimmed them (nothing new) and noticed that someone had taped to the protective glass a note that said, in an angry red scrawl, WHAT ABOUT PET RULES?

OK, I editorialize - I don't know that the scrawl was angry or that the person didn't have anything other than a red Sharpie to write with, and for all I know he/she was genuinely curious about the house rules concerning pets. (Sure.)

I went upstairs and wrote on a pink post-it: And rules concerning noisy, inconsiderate people and their noisy, inconsiderate guests who loiter in guest parking late at night/early in the morning, disturbing sleeping residents?

Went back downstairs and stuck that on top of the other note as an addendum. Then I untaped the whole thing and moved it a little nearer to the bottom of the glass, since I didn't think it was cool of the original poster to cover the House Rules with his/her note.

This morning the pet rules note was gone and my note was stuck smack in the middle of the glass.

Uh. Keep you posted?
____________________________________________________
*6:41 p.m. edit: Just got back from a mild run. My note is gone and in its place is a new post-it that says (this time in black Sharpie): Pet Rules?

On our way to dinner tonight I'm posting a more concise version of my discarded note: Noisy Resident/Guest Rules?

4 comments:

Dan said...

you're a dork. call the cops. or threaten to call the cops. or just shout at them.

although those last two options just make you seem old, which you're not. everyone knows zebras age well. what are you now? 21?

see how i tried to unbury myself?

wv: prefa before the fa.

Aaron said...

i can't believe you dignified the post-it approach with a post-it of your own! you are an owner in that building - just go to the resident manager and inquire. he works for you.

damned_cat said...

@dan not a day over 20. reverse aging is the coolest. vw: bairoca. if it ain't bairoca, don't fix it?

@watcher the last RM was such a prat i sometimes forget that yup, they do work for us.

update: all post-its removed.

Dan said...

lame. beauty and the beast reference? seriously? nah. i use it too. hehe

i say 21 cuz i know you go out drinking sometimes and that'd be illegal if you were 20.