2.18.2009

After such a long hiatus due to such a significant, life-changing occasion, I really should re-enter the blogosphere with something a little more profound than what I'm about to say:

I hate it when my iced tea tastes like coffee!

... but I do. I really, really do. (Also, they're "out" of lemon this morning. Welcome to Grouchland - Day One of the Post-Wedding Squeeze, where Mr. and Mrs. Cat attempt to begin shedding the pounds they packed on in the weeks before, during and after the fete. Er, yeah, he's as yet unaware that we're on a diet. The salt-free, skinless chicken on his plate tonight will be his first clue.)

So, I got sick about a week before the wedding and really went to town with the whole "Feed a cold, starve a fever," adage. And no, I never developed a fever, so there was no "starving" going on. At any point. Overindulging, My Big Fat Chinese Wedding Style: Rehearsal dinner at Buca di Beppo - Caesar salad, chicken parm, penne arrabiata (deemed inedible by MIL and BIL, but swallowed without chewing by others), and cheesecake. Wedding-day noms - Starbucks, pastries, and all-you-can-eat Chicken McNuggets, plus that night's 7-course Chinese dinner. Morning after - Tapa Cafe breakfast buffet, at which we arrived 15 minutes before closing. "Grab two plates each and just load 'em up," the hostess advised. We did. Next day: Hanaki Japanese buffet. Next day: Sushi dinner at Kat's w/Vickie and Caryn. Next day: Dinner at Mom and Dad's with three cakes plus Beard Papa's for dessert. Saturday night: a quick Valentine dinner of mizithra spaghetti and lasagna a la OSF. Sunday night, Halekulani birthday bash - filet mignon and lobster. Monday (after the Great Aloha Run) - AYCE pancakes, plus hash browns, bacon and eggs at IHOP. Last night: Camellia Yakiniku. Again, AYCE. I ate my ice cream and then started in on his.

I can't believe we don't weigh 500 pounds apiece. Sure we ran 4 miles and then walked 4 more on Saturday, but I'm pretty sure our pancake extravaganza undid everything and then some.

Now that our dear out-of-town guests are back in their towns, it's time to go back to Jazzercise, reunite with the Spark People, and skim the fat. We also need to banish the phrase All-You-Can-Eat from our vocabularies and maybe even take a look at the "Joy of Soy" cookbook someone gave us as a wedding gift (as a hint?).

Oops, I think salt-free skinless chicken is tomorrow, not tonight ... I have solid plans for Tenkaippin w/A2 tonight. Uh, I can get something low-fat there, right?

Btw, just checked GAR site: My cam says we finished at 2:29 and some, but who am I to argue with a timing chip that clocks us in at 2:17:22? Ten thousand, eight hundred and eighty-first place! WOO!

4 comments:

Dan said...

holy crap!

10,881? that's totally awesome. congrats.

Anonymous said...

I think that actually goes:

Next day: Hanaki Japanese buffet.
Next day: Ruby Tuesdays with Vickie
Next day: Sushi dinner at Kat's w/Vickie and Caryn. Next day: Dinner at Mom and Dad's with three cakes plus Beard Papa's for dessert.

Anonymous said...

Awesome! Welcome back!!! :-D

Anonymous said...

Belated congratulations and best wishes, Mrs. Cat!