4.02.2008

and boy are my arms tired

I didn't do a Vegas post. So here it is.

  • MGM Grand Buffet was our second-choice for dinner the night of KA ... but we promptly forgot about the Bellagio once we sat down to perfectly cooked prime rib and several kinds of crab. And who'd have thought the best creme brulee ever would be found at a Vegas buffet?

  • KA was second-rate. It was beautifully designed and had so much potential to be a better production. Cirque du Soleil keeps opening up new shows in Vegas, playing to larger crowds and creating more elaborate stages, but they need to get back to their street performer roots. Ka consisted of one or two impressive feats and a lot of fillers, like a baton twirler, shadow puppets, and a man who will be forever known as "Glitter Ass" and his honey swinging around on ropes. Mystere is still the best Cirque du Soleil show in Vegas, hands down.

  • I played video poker. Scott gave me a cheat card from ABC and picked a machine he claimed had an aura. It was fun, but I quit after my first four-of-a-kind Treasure Chest. There was no way I was going to make my shopping money back, so I quit while I was $32 ahead. "Ahead."

  • We did not elope.

  • On our last night, I finished Wicked. This excites me to no end. I now have to re-read it and then will start on Son of Witch ...
Pics.

No comments: