11.14.2007

5th grade follies

Kid trying to write with a broken pencil about three inches in total length: Ms. D_C, may I please sharpen my pencil?

Mean Ms. D_C: No! That thing is so short, you'll probably sharpen your fingers along with it! Didn't I tell you yesterday and the day before that AND the day before that to bring a new pencil? GO GET ONE FROM MY PENCIL CUP AND STOP TRYING TO WRITE WITH THAT RIDICULOUS BROKEN THING!

Here is the pencil he selected from the cup:


From a Language Arts "end of selection" test:


My reply:


Disclaimer: Kid A is not disadvantaged. He has plenty of Yu-Gi-Oh cards and game manuals, books, toys, and PENCILS.

Note: I am still waiting for a parent signature on Kid B's reading test. I wonder why she doesn't want to take it home.

3 comments:

Dan said...

well, to be honest you have to have priorties. i mean, why buy some pencils when you could have yu-gi-oh cards? you know my cousin marcus right?

damned_cat said...

yeah but he's a professional poker player so ... no matter how many yugioh cards he has (and no matter how few pencils) he's still cool.

Dan said...

yeah but see, before he was playing poker he was playing with yu-gi-oh, magic, and pokemon cards. and yes, it's ok to consider him 'cool' now but back then? c'mon. that's not fair.