9.20.2007

a mile in gore-tex

This may well be what's wrong with the youth of today. I don't think anyone should own a pair of $100+ shoes until they are able to buy them for themselves. (Watch me now avoid disinviting anyone from buying me a $100+ pair of shoes by clarifying that were someone to do something so entirely crazy, I would still be able to buy them for myself, and therefore can appreciate the shoes' value because I can appreciate how hard it is to earn $100.) :)

P.S. I feel obligated to post my reaction to the taser thing: I had no reaction. Then, horrified that I had no reaction when people in the auditorium were crying and screaming "WHY ARE YOU DOING THAT?!?!?!" I formed a reaction, which was, you stupid f'ing waste-of-bandwidth jackass.

In all seriousness, they did not need to use the taser, and the people responsible will be in craploads of trouble. Also, people who take the First Amendment to mean that people can say whatever they want whenever they want and however they want will be up in arms, and that's reasonable. But the truth of it is that there is no shortage of people who were extremely gratified to see it happen. How many years in purgatory we earn for that one is debatable, but it surely can't be as many as he'll get for his Harry Potter stunt.

ASS.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As a person that owns a pair of shoes that cost two bills, I can say: I completely agree with you.
On the other hand, I AM a person that owns shoes that cost two bills.

damned_cat said...

my sugars cost $34.99. *happy* then again, they are basically converse canvas shoes with a little bit of a heel.