8.18.2007

weekend: yummay

Fish drought = Samoan crab dinner. Scott's catch:

Love three-days. So far: "fishing" (net: one oama apiece); Made In Hawaii Festival. Highlights: fudge, many incarnations of teriyaki sauce, cute jewelry. S happily waited a few hours for a fresh batch of gandule rice ... which I just sampled. Yemmy.

Booky Goodness: Went to the UH Bookstore this morning. I miss school! Even the ridiculous practice of checking your purse before entering the store. Saw a thousand English texts I wanted. Have to go read up on the textbook pricing phenomenon - I cannot wrap my brain around how a 124-page paperback can cost $36, used.

Oh yeah, we are online! Checking e-mail from the relative comfort of my home, totally foreign concept. And watching Survivorman, and the local news, without fuzz!

Kay, Les Stroud is cracking open freshwater snails ... gotta go.

2 comments:

Dan said...

you got cable? *gasp* let the brain rot begin! hehe. i'm so proud of you.

hey, don't forget to upload pic

damned_cat said...

there ya go.